Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thumbs Up!!!

Comic Con 20X!!!
My gf was gracious enough to get tix to this years Comic Con! I didn't really know what to expect cause its been over 5 years since i've been last. Then she sent me a schedule of artist signings and my eyes lit up. I missed out on Ron English, Alex Pardee, Tara Mcpherson, and Olivia Munn. But i was able to get the following signatures!

I've been following the art, and blog of Kazu Kibuishi for years now. I have all 7 Flight anthologies and love everyone. I'm glad i got to meet him and get his signature in the new Flight book...

I remember seeing a time lapse video of Yoskay Yamammoto and likeing his work right off the bat. He then re solidified my fandom when he pushed out his Koibito koi fish vinyl toy...

Jeff Soto released a new vinyl toy and had his signing. I totally cut in front of a lot of people that were waiting and had tickets for the toy. I was just there for him to sign my mag and bounce so they were cool w/ that. I let him use my paint marker and i forgot to get it back w/ all the hustle and bustle going on. Luckily i had a spare...


Angry Woebots from Pocket Full Of Monsters was present. I actually met him @ Bar Basic the night before. He's a really down to earth nice guy and totally looks like the Pandas he draws...I also ran into him in line for the Jeff Soto signing and talked to him a little bit. I was like.."hey, after this im about to go to ur booth to see u" haha



David Choe !!!!! I ran into him on the random tip on the streets of the Gaslamp district. I was just standing there and looked up and totally recognized him off the bat. I was like in my head. Thats David Choe, thats David Choe! Wait a minute, thats David Choe right in front of me!!! So then i tapped him on the shoulder cause he was carrying shwag from the Con and was like.."David Choe!?! right?" and then i was like..ur gonna be at Giant Robot's booth tomorrow right? Cool, ill see u there. I didnt get a picture or signature or anything. I had no idea of what to do i was in shock. Check his Thumbs Up America series. He hitch hikes and freight hops from LA to Miami in the 1st season, then TJ to Alaska in the second season. There is a third season coming this winter and he told me there will def be a forth season.


Got this Munko toy signed for the homey Nomad...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...