Monday, October 12, 2009

Looking through the Glass, It is But an Illusion...

SDAFF (San Diego Asian Film Festival) is HERE!!!! This will be my 5th year in a row attending...I absolutely love foreign films w/ all of their originality, indy films and Drama. Im tired of the consistent garbage that comes out of Hollywood. The pop culture cult following of overpaid actors and all the unnecessary sound effects like a screeching tire every time a car parks...I think that a big part of the reason that i like foreign films is due to the language barrier. I cant tell if it is bad acting b/c i dont speak the language and am just reading subtitles...Here are some movies that i will be seeing w/in the next week or so...Ill be reviewing my thoughts on them after viewing them...I am no movie critic and am easily pleased so dont expect much haha...And for all the skeptics that say that they dont like foreign films b/c they dont like to read the subtitles..i say they havnt seen the right movies..thats my nice way of saying that they are lazy and dont like to try new things as much as others...they are missing out on some amazing movies and its their loss...

1st up... Where the Wild Things Are



2nd...Crossing

3rd...White on Rice

4th...Cape no. 7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...