Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Break That Rusty Cage...

So the Super 8 camera i got from the swapmeet requires 4 AA batteries to put into the handle and one 1.5v mercury battery. I put 4 relatively new batteries in the handle and happened to have a film cartridge to test to see if this camera is operational. Nothing happened and i was very disappointed. So i remembered that one time my Holga stopped working and i took it apart to look at the insides for lose wires and found nothing. But when i put it back together it worked w/ out me altering anything. So i decided to take the Super 8 apart. I took the side lid off and this is what u see. I saw nothing but 40 year old technology and it smelled like metal and plastics. I had no idea of what to look for. So i put it back together. I then tried to put the batteries in again and this time i actually read the tape msg to put the camera on auto to turn on. I pulled the trigger and voila! There was mechanical chatter. It Works! Now to only get a hold of some film...

Heat Wave. I kinda liked it...

Mmmmm. 5Guys Burgers are soo good...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the Super 8 werks. Good luck on the film search. - E.VIL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...