Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Board...

Ok i figured it out...I had my page set on edit HTML rather than Compose..womp womp..Anyway i picked up the 1st volume of Osamu Tezuka's Buddha. This series has been on my amazon wish list for years now. I found them at bookoff in Claremont. Think ill pick up a new issue once a month. Tezuka is considered one of the fore fathers of Japanese Manga. I've read his Phoenix series and am familiar and in love w/ his detailed black and white drawings, his basic cartoon characters that can convey emotion w/ simple eyes and expressions, and his panning from scene to scene technique that he uses w/ scenery. Looking fwd to the next issue...


Borders had their annual 50% coupon sale and so i copped another book off my amazon wishlist. Essex County. Really got me to thinking about aging and being old and how so many people in a small county can be inter connected in many ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...