Tuesday, July 28, 2009

8hrs of Nothing Downtown

ok...So i get a call yesterday from a homie saying that he has a really easy art opportunity for me to just go downtown to paint some circles w/ spray paint. I then proceed to get a contact number and call the guy to see whats up. So he told me to go to the WonderHaus downtown @ 10 to get more details and see whats up. So I couldnt sleep last night and i had to wake up early to take my dad to the airport @ 6am. So i take him to the airport, come home, snooz a lil and head dt and get there promptly @ 10 cause thats how i roll. So ive never been there and when i go inside am amazed in how HUGE the venue is. Its the old Wonderbread factory and is laid out in brick stone walls. So i get there and talk to the directors and all and realize the size of the production. What is going on is that this mega church "The Rock Church" is putting out a DVD for newcomers to the church. And their pastor that is preeching in the DVD is a former charger/chaplain and an overall really nice guy. I look around and see some ridiculous equipment. Straight up hollywood style. They have big ass cranes and expensive cameras, tons of shades and diff lights. I am overwhelmed by the size of this production. And then the Pastor "Miles" tells me that millions of people are going to see the dvd. They show me my spot and there are 3 foam brick wall boards about 10 by 20'. And all i have to do is paint 3 circles.  Haha easy enough for some exposure. So they tell me they are running behind scheduale and will shoot me @ 3. 3 rolls by and then they said 45 more mins.. and hour goes by and then they said go get something to eat and come back. I do so and then they tell me @ 6pm they wont get to it and if i can come back next monday. So i spent 8 hrs doin nothing. But i enjoyed myself cause i felt like it was a behind the scenes holloywood deal and got to see how much work is put into such a project. Peep the flicks






Im sure i can get the job done in one try and then see if they can compensate me w/ the remainding fake brick panals. Then i can paint them myself as pieces and keep one for my future house and maybe sell or slang them to homies.


Check out the monstrous light shade above the car


Snuck up on the roof exploring the factory haha...Nice breeze and nice views



On the floor of the entrance they have embeded into the floor a dozen or so manhole covers. This one dates back to 1909. They even had one from spring valley, coranado, poway and even vegas


Walking about dt flicked this sticker on a truck




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...