Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Iowa

Took a short trip to Iowa w/ my sister to visit my grandma and relatives. Yes Iowa, not Idaho, not Ohio, Iowa. The corn belt state. Left on Sat and came back on Tues night. I took more photos w/ my fisheye and holga and will post them when i get them developed. This photo was taken at the Denver CO airport.



Put this sticker up in the food ct of Denver. It was still there 4 days later on my way back to SD. So if ur ever @ the Denver airport go to the food ct w/ the Mcdonalds and tell me if this is still there.



I took a better pic where it actually showed the Iowa in red letters on the flag but im an idiot and deleted it on accident.





This is my grandmas backyard. They fit 5 siblings all in this house. Everything is so green in Iowa. They don't even have sprinklers in their yards. The grass just grows from the rain. The trees are real tress, nice big wide plentiful trees. A lot of the houses dont fence off their backyards, they just let wild animals and kids stroll through. I felt like its a scene straight out of a cartoon. There are nice birds chirping their songs, big bushy red squirrels and rabbits froliking through the yards.



My aunt Becky's back yard was pretty damn big. They grilled us some steak and cinnamon baked potatos, and my favorite fruit....WATERMELON



According to my sister u see a cow everyday of ur life. Wether it be a picture, a real life one or statues in this case. I don't believe it but for the duration of my stay in Iowa it held true.











Could have had a better picture but i didnt act fast enough. Red squirrel



My grandma has this apple tree in her back yard that was bearing a ton of apples. She makes apple crisp and other things w/ them.





Something my sister noticed about the drivers in Iowa is that there is no helmet law. So the majority of people that rode bikes, and there were a lot, didnt have helmets.



Oatmeal chacolate chip m&m cookies my sister baked. They were a little hard but i liked them.



My cousin Chase brought back home a full skeletal system skull included one day. Think it could be a coyote




Went to my Uncle Brad's place for dinner the second night. He has this huge house w/ a ginormouse back yard. We spent some time out on the baclhony after we ate the talk. I was tripping out cause i started to see blinking lights in the mid air. They were lightning bugs. I have never seen them before. My cousin Chase went down and caught two of them. They showd me that if u pull off the butts they still light up. I just enthusiastically checked mine out and did not pull it aprt. I let it go. They say later on maybe end of July and August there are hundreds of them flying around. What a sight to see



On my way back i flicked this plane flying really close to our plane. It crossed right over us. I had stop overs in Denver and Vegas. I got to see the snow capped Rockies and the huge rapidly draining Lake mead in Vegas



Vegas airport



Do not walk outside this area


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...